Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Go Green!

Our new ride!



We have officially become bus riders! Michael has been taking the bus since he started working downtown because it was much cheaper than paying for parking and gas. His company gives them a discount on their bus pass. So instead of paying $120 a month to park plus gas he rides the bus for $24 a month. There is a park and ride a few miles from our house so he is able to hop on a commuter bus that takes him directly to The Plaza downtown without any stops. Michael discovered a bus stop right across from the Bank of America building so I now have the pleasure of riding the bus. I get on at the park and ride as well, go to The Plaza, and then take another bus to work. I was so nervous the first day. I had all of my schedules and maps and everything written on my piece of paper. It's an adventure, that's all I can say for now! I leave for the bus earlier than Michael so I ride by myself in the morning. On the way home I meet him at The Plaza and we ride home together. It's actually nice to have a little time each day to just be able to sit and think, relax, or read, which I have taken advantage of. My Mom gave me a copy of Twilight so I decided this was a perfect opportunity for me to start reading. I now see why ever girl I know is obsessed! Some days I wish I the bus ride was a little longer so I could keep on reading!

5 comments:

Nat's blog said...

please!!!!!! all i have to say is married life is bliss! ha ha!

Greggory & Kate & Harley said...

what is the twilight? i want that!

Tolley Family said...

Happy bus riding. Sure beats sitting in traffic and pulling your hair out. Good luck with the rock band game. don't you need a few more people to make it work??

Poelmans said...

that's cool. we have been doing the same thing. We feel "green" and are quite happy about it.

sheena said...

Yeah for Twilight! I have read all 3 books twice in the last few weeks. I can't wait for the 4th to come out in August!