
Last Saturday Michael was getting ready to take a test for his online class and the computer froze. We tried to force quit but nothing was working so I just turned off the computer. I turned it on the find a white screen with a flashing black box in the middle with a question mark. I knew this couldn't be good but was hoping the computer was just locked. Unfortunately there isn't a Apple store here, so we went to an Apple repair center to find they had gone out of business. We came home and I called Apple and they informed me that our hard drive had crashed...ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I then spent the next 2 hour talking to a man in the Philippians, trying to restore the hard drive. Mission not successful. Mrs. Mac was shipped off and we're very thankful he was able to be repaired thanks to our Apple care protection plan. The bad news...we like most other people I know never backed up our computer so the past three years of our lives are now missing. Goodbye pictures, goodbye music, goodbye every document I've written. You will never know how much you depend on your computer until you're without. I seriously felt like I was disconnected from the world. My advise for the day...back it up!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Goodbye Mr. Mac
Posted by
Michael and Megan
at
9:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hate to say it, but I am shocked that you didn't learn your lesson when this very thing happened to Carrie Bradshaw. Don't pretend like you don't know what episode I'm talking about. Season 4 Episode 8: "My Motherboard, Myself."
OMG, that sucks! That's good it can be fixed, but sad you have lost everything on it. I am now motivated to back up things on my computer.
Post a Comment