Michael LOVES to go backpacking. To me the thought of carrying everything that you need in on your back, eating dehydrated meals, no toilets or running water, being attacked by wildlife really isn't my idea of a good time. However, we went backpacking over Labor Day in Northern Idaho and I actually enjoyed myself. We hiked into Anderson Lake, it's about 30 miles south of Sandpoint, ID. The hike in was only about 3 miles but it was uphill the entire way. I was scared to death we were going to be attacked my a grizzly bear after we kept seeing large piles of bear scat along the trail. We had so much fun after we got to the lake and set up camp. It was absolutely beautiful! We we're planning on staying until Monday but Sunday afternoon it started to hail/snow. We played a game of phase 10 in the tent and decided if it hadn't stopped by the time the game was over we would pack up and leave. The sky was getting darker and it started to thunder so we quickly broke up camp and headed home. It was a great weekend, very nice to get away and just enjoy each other without any distractions. I'm already looking forward to our trip next year.
Happy Campers
Michael getting water from the lake
Chimney Rock
Catching Dinner
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Anderson Lake
Posted by
Michael and Megan
at
8:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so happy to see a new post! And to see your happy smiling faces. I miss you!!!! more posts!!! More posts!!! I want to see your house!
It's about time you put new pictures on too!!! :) Looks like that was a fun trip. I want to go camping!
aww you blogged! hooray!!! i love that you went camping, it's like girls camp all over again! ha ha ha
You guys are cute campers. Who would of thought...Megan backpacking. I am glad you enjoyed it. Sounds like a fun husband and wife outing!
you make camping look GOOD!
Post a Comment