Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'm Back!

Well it's been over a year since I updated the blog. A lot has happened and we have both been so busy, blogging went to the bottom of the to do list. I survived my first year of school. It was the hardest thing I have done. I never thought I could study for 8+ hours a day but I accomplished my goals and it has paid off. This quarter in school we are actually seeing real patients. We offer free screenings at the school on Monday and Wednesday. It's been so fun to actually perform ultrasound on someone other than my classmates. We started the program with 17 and we are now down to 10. This is us on our first day of summer quarter, all ready to see our first real patient.



Michael and I went to Cabo in June. It was so fun to get away from life and enjoy spending time with each other with no worries. The resort we stayed at was amazing. It even had hot tub on the balcony. We did not want to come back.



While we were in Cabo, my Dad passed away. He had been battling stage 4 melanoma for almost a year. I'm so thankful that he only had to suffer for a short time. We're grateful for the gospel and our understanding of eternal families. My Mom has kept herself busy traveling around visiting all of us. We look forward to having her here again next week.

On Friday I'm taking the first part of my boards. I've been busy studying and I'm looking forward to a month vacation when it's over!

4 comments:

Nat's blog said...

ahhhhh sooooo happy that you are blogging!!!! :) Cute picture of your classmates! I am so proud of you megan you have done so well this year despite it's challenges! I miss you so much, but at least now I can see into your life a bit more through the blog! Welcome back!

The Dobbs said...

I'm SO glad you're back! It's fun to see what you've been up to. Cabo sounds amazing!!...and congrats on surviving your first year. I don't think I saw you that whole year. I'm really sorry about your dad. I miss you and I need to give you a call and catch up!

Erica said...

Congrats on the first year of school being over and welcome back to the blog world. We have missed you! And I am SOOO sorry to hear about your dad, that is so hard to hear. I had no idea about him even having cancer. Hope you guys are coping well and know that we care though we are far away from things. Hope to see you doing more updates soon.

Katie said...

Yay! I'm happy to see that you are back! Congratulations on fininshing your first year of school. I was sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. I hope you and your family are doing well! Take care!