Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gotta Love Craigslist!

A couple of months ago my Mom was here visiting and as she was getting ready to leave she spotted some couches out on the neighbors driveway. She called me and told me about it because my roommates were looking for some new couches since I'm taking mine when I get married. The neighbors gave them the couches but they were in pretty bad shape. They had spots on them and the people they got them from were a little sketchy. It turned out the couches were a bigger project than they wanted to deal with and the love seat was missing a cushion. My roommate Natalie called Salvation Army to come and pick them up along with a couple of other boxes. Well they came this morning and wouldn't take them because they were too dirty. I decided to put them on craigslist under the Free Stuff. 20 minutes later Michael and I were leaving to go to the gym and outside someone was loading the couches up. I guess it's true...one man's junk, another mans treasure.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Logan and I got most of our furniture in our apartment here in Madison from Craigslist. We figure when we move in 2 years somewhere else that we will craigslist it all again. It's great really! Cheap stuff that gets the job done.