Sunday, February 3, 2008

We're Married!!!

Well it's official! We have been married for one week and it has been the best week of my life! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. It even snowed the day before! I wish I could say the past week has been as perfect as our wedding day. On Sunday we drove up to McCall, Idaho where we were planning on staying for three days. While we were in McCall my car broke down, and since it's a small town we had to be towed back to Boise to have it fixed. We stayed the night at my parent’s house, hoping our car would be fixed so we could get back on the road. They didn't have the part, so my parents loaned us their extra car so we could get home. We had to make a stop at my brother’s house in Moses Lake so he could perform a little minor surgery on me. Four years ago I had a cyst on my tailbone removed and two days before we got married it returned! Luckily, he was able to remove it for us since I don't have health insurance right now. My sweet husband has been nursing me back to health. He has to change the dressing on the wound twice a day. As we were getting off the freeway to get to our house, Michael told me it sounded like we had a flat tire. We pulled into our driveway and got out of the car and the back tire was flat! Despite it all we are just so happy to be married and to have each other. We're in Spokane and are so excited to begin our journey here as Mr. and Mrs Lightner!!!

5 comments:

Nat's blog said...

FINALLY AN UPDATE!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU MRS!

Poelmans said...

Hey! SO GLAD it all went well!!! Congrats my dear!

Nate and Annika Phillips said...

Congrats again, but bummer for all the car trouble! Enjoy wedded bliss and your new lives together!

The Heaton's said...

It's offical now! I am so glad your wedding turned out so fantastic. I can't wait to see some pictures! I am sorry about all the car troubles, but hey, who cares about all that you guys are MARRIED, YAHOO!!!

Lindsay Brummer said...

oh my gosh!!! what a week! congrats on the marriage!